Friday, May 31, 2013

Summer's here!

    What better way to cool down on a hot day than setting up the sprinkler next to the swing set and enjoying a popsicle (sugar free of course!).


    We have had a run of sunny days with temps in the high 80's and my summer girl and I are loving it!  Sure beats the 62 degrees and cloudy Memorial day we had here.  M and her cousin still managed to swim in that weather.  At least I found a way to drop her BG if ever high.  Just stick her in the pool on a cool day.  M's BG and the temperature both had a hard time getting out of the 60's that day!

At the Memorial day parade with her favorite cousin.  These 2 crazy girls swam all afternoon in 60 degree weather.


    During our Memorial day picnic M did find a benefit to having T1D.  While most kids mom's tell them no dessert until after veggies.  I had to tell her "stop eating that broccoli and eat your M n M cookie!"  I think my niece may have been jealous of her a little just then.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I know what you're saying about the veggies! I remember last year saying...."would you stop eating your carrots and eat your rice!" or to stop eating her chicken and eat her bread.

    ReplyDelete