Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What can a 7 year old girl with type 1 diabetes do (part 2)

   I haven't blogged for a while.  After our trip to Cook Forest.  I was one of the 11 out of our group of 20 that came down with a stomach bug.  None of the kids got sick, thank God M didn't get it.  I hate dealing with her being sick on top of D.
   I wanted to write about some of the fun things we did on our trip, and to show that even with D, M was able to eat and do everything that she has did before D.  The only thing we didn't get to do was go canoeing, and that was because of the weather, not because of D.

    We went horseback riding.  M's horse was named Snickers. Perfect for her as Snickers are her favorite candy bar.




   We climbed the Fire Tower (over 100 steps to the top).  M did this FOUR times.  Me, I'm afraid of heights so I only went up once.




   Enjoying the view at Seneca Point.





    Taking a nature walk.



     Panning for "gold"




     Feeding the animals at the petting zoo




    Eating a homemade fruit popcicle




    And my favorite...  Having her own tattoo parlor on the back porch of the cabin.  She was giving glitter tattoos to all her cousins!





   She also enjoyed eating S'mores and participating the the kids talent show by the campfire.  We had a great trip and can't wait to go back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment