Thursday, July 25, 2013

M 1, diabetes 0

   Last night as I was getting M ready for bed, we were having some snuggle time.  We use this time to talk about our day or read a book.  I asked her if anything was bothering her. What I really wanted to ask is "is there anything about diabetes that is bothering you"
 
    She said "Well there is one thing, Zach"  She went on to tell me about a kid at her summer camp that was always getting in trouble for doing things he shouldn't be doing.  So then I asked her "is there anything about diabetes that bothers you?"  I just wanted her to know that if she needed to talk about it she could.

   She looked at me confused and said, "No, why would that bother me?" 

   I know that it hasn't been that long since her diagnosis and I'm sure that one day she will get tired of the finger pricks and shots and measuring her food.  But for now, diabetes has no hold over her.  It doesn't bother her. Take THAT diabetes!

No comments:

Post a Comment