Thursday, May 15, 2014

D blog week day 4

Yesterday we opened up about how diabetes can bring us down. Today let’s share what gets us through a hard day.  Or more specifically, a hard diabetes day.  Is there something positive you tell yourself?  Are there mantras that you fall back on to get you through?  Is there something specific you do when your mood needs a boost?  Maybe we've done that and we can help others do it too? (Thanks to Meri of Our Diabetic Life for suggesting this topic.)


After writing yesterday's post and reading many other blogs, I admit I was feeling a little down.  So today its time to look at the other side of the coin. There are many things I do to get though a hard day.  The one time I seem to be able to forget about diabetes is when I am exercising.  I go to a Dance Fit class (think Zumba on steroids, with planks, burpees, jacks, free weights, jump squats and more).  I think my brain doesn't have time to think about anything else during that hour. 
  
  But the one thing that gets me through a hard day more than anything is when I hear M say "I love you Mama!"



No comments:

Post a Comment