Wednesday, May 14, 2014

D blog day three. What brings me down

Our topic for today is What Brings Me Down.  May is Mental Health Month so now seems like a great time to explore the emotional side of living with, or caring for someone with, diabetes. What things can make dealing with diabetes an emotional issue for you and / or your loved one, and how do you cope? (Thanks go out to Scott of Strangely Diabetic for coordinating this topic.)




  Diabetes has been in our house for a little over a year know.  I am much better emotionally now than I was a year ago.  However there are still those times when diabetes brings me down. Here are a few.

When I think that less than 100 years ago T1D was a death sentence.

When I think what life would be like without my sweet girl.


When I think that in some parts of the world T1D is still a death sentence.


 When my daughter has to come out of dance class because she feels low.


 When I have to explain to my daughter that right now is not a good time to eat a certain treat because
     her blood sugar is too high.
 
When I am looking up carb counts on my phone at a restaurant and people assume I am being rude.

When I look at pictures of her before diagnosis.  (In fact I haven't gotten back to scrapbooking because of  
      this)

When I think of future complications.

When my 8 year old is already worried about leaving home to go to college because of her diabetes.

When I realize that in 10 years or so I will not longer be dealing with T1D, but my sweet girl will have to
    deal with it the rest of her life.
         

1 comment:

  1. I share your worries. Hopefully one day they will be in the past.

    ReplyDelete